Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Manufacturing - Microbreweries



This logo is for a Cincinnati microbrewery. It is very default looking does not have a distinct, memorable look. I personally have not tried this beer and probably would just breeze right past its shelf in a beer store. It is not eye catching in the slightest and really needs reworking. I think the image in the center looks very clip-artish and does not match the style of or complement the typography in any way.






Flying Dog Brewery has a really nice logo. For me, this logo is very memorable and makes a lasting impression on me. Although the mark is very stylized, I think it works. It obviously works well in high contrast and thus works in many different color applications. The logo goes perfectly with the illustrative style of the company's label designs. The logo will still be readable even after being reduced significantly, which I think is important for this type of manufacturing in particular (for application on the caps of bottles).










No comments:

Post a Comment